How do I clean the iron? Such a question often arises even among the owners of cutting-edge technical means for ironing clothes and things (in another way you will not call modern irons).
Indeed, if you plunge into the recent past and compare the iron that was heated at the expense of burning coals in it with the modern miracle of technical thought, you can see how much the engineering genius seeks to relieve a person’s life even in such seemingly trifles, creating complex and intelligent devices.
Possible causes of the problem of cleaning the iron
Nevertheless, no matter how the engineers did not try to envisage all the nuances of using their know-how, there are often unforeseen situations that require an unconventional approach to solving them, for example:
- The most, perhaps, a common cause of contamination of the iron is your favorite kids. These fidgets so want to quickly explore the world around, so that sooner or later they will get to the iron after having tried it in work that, most likely, will lead to contamination of its sole.
- The second is also a common situation – the forgetfulness of the owner and the guilt of absent-mindedness is not sclerosis, but the irrepressible rhythm of modern life. As a result, not only the spoiled thing but also the iron on which the fabric burned or fused.
- Another reason for the soiled sole of the iron is a rush, as a result of which a thing that has not been washed is ironed. As a result, seemingly invisible dirt sticks to the iron, leaving it ugly, and most importantly unsuitable in the future use of the footprint.
This is not all the reasons for the contamination of the iron, but they provide an opportunity to appreciate the fact that this problem is not uncommon and it is useless to throw out the allegedly spoiled iron. It is better to clean it yourself, saving on buying a new one.
Four tips on how to clean the iron you
First, we need to understand the fact that the surface of the sole of modern irons, no matter how wear-resistant, is afraid of mechanical damage. Therefore, any dirt from the iron should be removed not with a knife and a metal brush, but with improvised, cleaning or chemical means.
How to clean the iron #Council first.
If a small amount of greasy dirt has accumulated on the soleplate of the iron as a result, for example, attempts to quickly wash and dry the stain from clothing caught on the clothing. You will need any cleaning agent used for washing dishes.
- We take the agent we put on a sponge we apply to a spot on an iron we give some time that the agent has destroyed fat.
- Then, gently erase the stain and rinse the surface of the iron with running water to remove the debris and the cleaning agent itself. Otherwise, turning on the iron, we can get an unpleasant result (an increase in the size of the stain, while the detergent itself can burn out by changing the chemical composition of the stain, then it will have to be cleaned one more time in one of the ways listed below).
How to clean the iron #Second Council.
When a raid occurs as a result of burning any non-synthetic tissue. It is necessary to use a detergent for the bath in the composition, which includes a small cleaning powder (wetting your hand, taking a little money and rubbing between your fingers, feel a shallow sand, not large grains of sand, large and does not suit us).
- We take a little cleaning agent and using a sponge in a circular motion, we erase the plaque, it may take some time to remove the plaque, so we reserve ourselves with patience and erase the entire plaque to the shine of the surface of the soleplate of the iron.
- Then rinse thoroughly with residual water the remains of paste and dirt. The iron is clean and ready for use.
Check This Out: How to Clean the Toilet Quickly?
How to clean the iron #The third advice.
If the synthetic material is applied to the surface of the iron, several chemical agents must be used:
- Suitable for almost any solvent for enamel paints.
- Bath cleanser, which is best seen in council number two.
- Detergent for washing dishes.
It is necessary to take a small piece of cotton or woolen cloth abundantly moistened with a solvent and apply for a while to the contaminated surface of the iron.
Then, periodically wetting in a solvent, wiping the adhered synthetics from the soleplate of the iron until it is completely removed. Then, using a paste to clean the bathrooms, remove the invisible remnants of synthetics. Then, for degreasing and final cleaning of the surface, we use a dishwashing detergent, which is washed off with running water.
How to clean the iron #Council number four.
If all of the above is not suitable or does not solve the problem, then there remains a radical remedy with which it is necessary to be as cautious as possible. We need a means for cleaning the sewer pipes. Since it contains an acid, it is not suitable for irons with a sole of aluminum not covered with a protective layer of chromium. Determine that the surface is covered with chrome simply – by specular reflection in the sole.
- To begin with, we stock up with soda ash or detergent, then we put on rubber gloves to protect our hands from the effects of acid, wipe it with a small amount of dirt. We look at the reaction on the iron, if the hiss and small bubbles begin to appear, then fall asleep with soda or powder.
- Then wipe the dirt with a cloth.
- Repeat the procedure until the contamination is completely removed. Next, we do everything that is said in council number three and we get a practically new iron.
If there is no visible reaction, then leave the wet cloth in the cleaning compound for a few minutes on the contaminated surface. Then sprinkle with soda and wash the dirt. Repeat the operation until the iron is completely cleaned. Further, all as it is told in the third advice.
As for irons with an aluminum heel, they can be cleaned in this way only after finishing the procedures, it is necessary to treat the sole with a polishing paste to almost mirror gloss. Then it is natural to wash it off.
That’s such an improvised means, you can easily return to life iron, which seems to have had to be thrown out. And so he still will serve a long time saving some money for buying his deputy.
Keep Reading: http://linkfeel.com/cleaning-house-useful-know/