Every animal-loving person, especially dogs, has ever had a tick infestation at home. Both in our pet and in its cushions, brushes and even our bedding, ticks can be found if their appearance is not stopped in time.
Although there are many products to prevent and eliminate ticks in animals, combating their appearance at home is not always so simple, it has been found that citrus, especially lemon, is ideal for eliminating such hateful and dangerous ticks. Stay reading this article and learn how to remove a tick with lemon juice ticks.
How to remove a tick with lemon juice?
Ticks are mites that feed on the blood of their inhabitants. These small insects bite the animal and do not release it until they have fully fed on it. When this happens, your body becomes almost spherical. They are generally found in places where there is a lot of vegetation or animals.
They are known for attacking, especially, dogs and pets. However, cases of tick bites have also been seen in people, this being extremely serious, since they spread various diseases, including the well-known Lyme disease.
If ticks are present in your home, it is extremely important that you act as soon as possible. To do this, here we will give you a few options to remove ticks from your home.
Most citrus fruits are excellent as tick repellents, lemon and orange do their job best. In the case of a pet affected by ticks, it is very helpful to make a reduction of lemon and orange to eliminate them from the desired area.
- Peel and pulp of 1 lemon
- Peel and pulp of 1 orange
- 2 cups of water
- Place the skin and pulp, along with the juice of both citrus fruits, in a pot with the 2 cups of water and light the fire.
- Wait for it to boil and boil it for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Pour over the area affected by ticks with the help of an atomizer or directly from the pot.
- You can use it with the help of the atomizer to spread on the cushions, sheets, toys or any other area of your house where there are ticks.
Remove ticks on dogs with lemon
Another quite effective option is to give your dog a good lemon bath, this will help to eliminate ticks and fleas from hard-to-reach places. You must do the following:
- Separate the skin or peel of 1 lemon and place it in a bowl.
- Pour 1 to 2 cups of boiling water and let sit overnight.
- The next morning, soak a sponge with this mixture and rub it all over your dog’s fur and fur; especially on the tail, behind the ears and on the legs.
- Let this mixture rest on your skin and then bathe it very well with an anti-tick shampoo.
- Remember that this mixture is very useful also for upholstery and carpets. If your dog has been in these areas lately and has left a few ticks, you can also use this solution.
Spray on ticks at home with lemon and grapefruit
As we mentioned before, citrus fruits in general are an excellent option to get rid of ticks instantly and the only magic mix is not with orange, but also with delicious grapefruit. This mixture will help to drive away any tick and of course, prevent its reproduction and appearance again.
- 1 grapefruit or grapefruit
- 2 lemons
- Hot water
- Cut the grapefruit and lemon into slices.
- Separate the pulp from the peel and pour it into a pot.
- Add the hot water and place over high heat until it boils.
- Boil 1 hour or until all the citrus oil has drained.
- Let cool and strain into a bowl.
- Pour 1 cup into the water and rinse your dog during the bath.
- Reserve the rest of the mixture in the freezer and thaw before using again.
- Like the previous solutions, you can use it in a furniture, cushion or corner spray.
You may like also to read http://foodwithkidappeal.com/