If we have a ladder in our house and children or babies we have a problem. Babies are not aware of the risk and may easily want to go down the ladder and fall. For this reason, you can put a plastic door that is sometimes not strong enough and is also expensive or you can choose the solution that we propose, take advantage of a large, wooden door to make a small door for children to avoid accidents.
How to make a door for children protection?
You will need:
- Old wooden door
- Two hinges
- Knob to close the door
- Cutting disc
Follow the steps:
- The first thing we have to do is find a second-hand door that we have at home or that we buy in carpentry. As it is logical it does not need to be a high-quality door.
- The next step is to measure the width of the ladder to know how much the door should measure.
- We will proceed to the most important part of the process to make a stair door which is to cut the door to match the stairwell. It will depend on each case but you may have to cut the door both width and height.
- Afterwards, we will sand the door a little to eliminate edges that may have been left after cutting the door. Finally, we will paint it in the color that we like.
- We will make the corresponding holes to add the hinges to the small door so that we can close it quietly and our son does not open it.
- On the wall we will add a strip so that the door adapts to the width of the stairwell and we will put the bolt so that we can perfectly close the door.
- We will also put the hinges on the wall to finish mounting the door and thus make our house a little more secure.
You may like also to read http://blogbuzz.co.uk/