Many times we want to plant a peach tree, but because of the lack of knowledge. It withers and dies without bearing a single fruit. So today, we will tell you what the peach tree care you should follow.
How to start peach tree care?
Take care of a peach tree is the place where you will put it. Peach trees not only require irrigation, but they also need a home with full sunlight during the day. Find a place where a lot of sunlight reaches your peach tree.
The soil is important to take care of a peach tree, especially if the peach does not have good soil and you have planted it from scratch, it will hardly grow or bear fruit.
Take care that the soil has a good PH level. If you have not yet planted the peach, it is recommended that you prepare the soil from 2 years before, so that when you plant the peach, the ground has the proper level of PH, but if you can not do this, preparing potting soil that you have had can also function.
Daily apply organic compost, compost, or old grass on the ground so that the soil nourishes the peach. This layer should be 5 to 6 meters in diameter around the base of the peach tree and 10 to 12 cm deep.
Care for planting a peach tree
- The perfect time to plant a peach tree is during spring when the weather is stable between heat and cold when the new flora is born. The junction of the bud should be 1 inch above the ground. Too much depth can kill the tree.
- Pruning will also influence the production of fruits from the tree.
- You should eliminate the thick branches that prevent the light from reaching the center of the tree.
- Fruits that are closer to the outside of the tree will grow more than that inside, so, once the fruits have grown well, remove them from the tree. So, others can grow without other fruits preventing them from sunlight or the environment.
Each year your peach tree will need 18 inches of fertilizer. Without putting fertilizer on the tree trunk, it fertilizes the outer edges of the tree. Also, water the tree frequently, this will help fruit production.
Steps to plant peach seeds
If you want to have your peaches, either at home or in the garden and you don’t know how to plant them, don’t wait any longer, learn how to sow peach seeds with this simple guide that will tell you to step by step what you have to do.
Some peach seeds grow faster than others, so perhaps when you sow some, you will see that they grow slower than other seed species. The time it takes for the sprouts to be born depends on the seeds you choose.
- Prepare the peach seeds to be sown, let them soak underwater for a few hours, then clean the bone with plain cold water and dry it. Then, put them in an easy-open plastic bag, add some water, shake the bag, and drain the water completely. Put the bag in the refrigerator with a temperature of 1 to 5 degrees Celsius. After six weeks, recheck the bag to see how the germination of the seeds goes. When a 1.3 cm long root of the bone is born, it is time for you to sow the seed in the ground.
- The land to sow peaches must be a nutrient-rich soil. You can use homemade compost to fertilize it. It should also be soft, so that water can be quickly drained, but take care that the soil does not come off entirely or gets flooded every time it rains, since then the seeds can be discovered and will not grow.
- Once you have prepared the seeds and the soil, it is time for you to sow the peach seeds. For this, sow the seeds 6 or 7 cm deep in the soil, then put the rest of the soil on the seed and press a little so that it is substantial. Moisten the soil a little and make sure the soil is always moist.
Planting and caring for a peach tree is not a very difficult task, but constant. If you want to have a healthy peach tree that bears many fruits, you must take care of it with determination and patience.